Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Different Song

I've been high on dope, mama
I've been a bit too high.
I've dreamt of changing rules, mama
That too were wee bit high.

What's the limit of dreams, mama
Before they shatter down?
What the limit to dope, mama
Before they bring you down?

I've dreamt of doves, mama
Dreamt of sky and roses.
Dreamt to stand my own, mama
For my beliefs and causes.

Was it all a dream, mama?
Just a lullaby song?
Why didn't you tell the truth, mama?
And sang a different song?

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Baby Universes by Moeinuk Sengupta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.potsnsmoke.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at moeinuk@gmail.com.